Sunday, April 12, 2009

Alpine Garden Club of BC Spring Show

What?!  Two Blog posts in one day?  It must be all the free time I found by giving up on Facebook.  Try it, it's very liberating.  Anyway, I'll keep this short.

VanDusen Gardens holds many different events over the calendar year, and this weekend was the Alpine Garden Club of BC's Spring Show.  I went on the second day at about noon and it was not too busy.  I brought Cillian so I had to make it a quick visit, here are some of the highlights that caught my eye in the short time I was there.


Floral Room and VanDusen Gardens

Primula Denticulata

Some ribbon winners

Tulipa Turkestanico

Ribbon winner for best Deciduous Bonsai

Fritilaria Meleagris

Philip MacDougal's 1st place Rhododendron 

Abutelon Suntense Hybrid

I forgot to get the info for this one, but it sure is beautiful.



1 comment:

  1. the last one is Lewisia tweedyi, aka Cistanthe tweedyi.

    ReplyDelete