Saturday, May 16, 2009

I miss my Garden

I really do miss my garden.  I have been giving it 10 - 15 minutes of attention at a time maybe 2 or 3 times a week.  Not enough, but time well enjoyed.  I was at the VanDusen plant sale a couple weeks back.  Just me and the boy, no pictures.  Here is the plant sale in a nut shell.  Terrible parking, HUGE lines, awesome selection, and great prices.  

Because I am planing on moving I am not doing anymore planting in the ground.  I'm a container man for now. 

Two Azaleas on the rim of my fire pit.  These are the pots I transplanted them into.  Cheap!

When we moved to our present place in Sept 07 we brought this hanging Strawberry with us.  I hung it from the north side of the carport roof to get it up and out of the way.  There it sat and did next to nothing.  I took 2 minutes on my way out the door to move it into the sun.  That should help.

These three pots represent my food crop this year.  Two Beefy and one striped Tomato.  I received a recipe for catchup and was looking forward to trying it out this fall.  I bought these at VanDusen at a moment when Cillian was attempting to run away from me.  I asked the ladies for a couple Beefeaters and they handed them over.  I got home, read the tag and thought to myself, "Taxi" is a funny name for a tomato...  Opps, yellow catchup it is!

No comments:

Post a Comment