Sunday, May 3, 2009

The neglectful gardener

This should be the title of my blog.  My day job is eating up all my time right now.  I'm at work right now, on a Sunday, as I write this blog.

The garden is doing pretty good without though.  When I leave for work on time and the sun is up I take a moment to look over the garden.  It is my 20 seconds of relaxation and reflection.  Most of the daffodils are up and my minds tendency to unknowingly organize thing amazes me again.  I planted the daffodils randomly, but somehow they are mostly in a straight row like little yellow soldiers.  I don't know how I do it.  

The blue bells are ready to burst open.  The cherry and plum have blossomed and leaved and now dropping like a peddle snow storm.  Everything is growing bigger everyday, even my son.  

I am due for some time off, and it is happening starting tomorrow.  I am taking Monday and Tuesday off.  Monday so I can do my late taxes, oops, and Tuesday so we can go house hunting.  That counts as time off right?

Sorry, no photos, no time.


2 comments:

  1. Ughhh, no one should have to work on a Sunday when it is spring and there is so much to do and see in the garden. Enjoy your days off! Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kudos to you Jeffery, I'm no green thumb unlike my wife, I do have the occasional purple thumb from moving those rocks around for her though.
    I think we were created hunters or gatherers, my wife's a gatherer and I would be a hunter. Any way thanks for making this world a greener place.
    :D

    ReplyDelete