Monday, January 18, 2010

Weekend come weekend go

I had great plans this last weekend for my balcony gardening. Life had other ideas. First the show I work on decided Saturday night would be the perfect time to catch up on some unfinished episodes. So thats a right off.

I used to have a fancy touch screen cell phone. A month or so ago I cracked said touch screen rendering it unusable. The phone still worked, just not the screen, limiting the functions. Not willing to pay for a new phone I decided to continue to use the phone as is. Until Wednesday of last week.

Working late in the pouring rain, the phone received enough moisture that worked into the cracks on the screen and into the phone... and then there was no longer a cell phone.

We have become one of those families that do not have a home phone. Suzanne and I both have our own cell phones and that is what we use. So with a broken cell phone I started to feel cut off from the world.

So instead of gardening I spent my Sunday shopping for a new cell phone and cell phone company. Not going to get into that, because I don't write this blog to promote anyone, but that is what happened to my weekend. I have a surprise day off tomorrow so maybe I will have some time for then.

No comments:

Post a Comment