Wednesday, February 17, 2010

It's Twins!

Twin leaves that is. Three days ago I planted Marigold seeds (among others) into a seeding kit using fiber pellets and we already have several seedlings emerging.
The pellets are still damp and haven't needed any further watering.
I'm sure that the extra sunning days and the addition heat created by have the clear cover over the seeds has been a contributing factor to this early success.
Of the 50 pellets 16 were planted marigolds and of the 16 there are 8 seedlings 1" or taller and I can see 4 more breaking ground. That is about 75% success rate so far! I will leave the seedlings and their pellets in the tray until they are getting close to touching the lid, then I will transplant.

I have also had some success with the Kale I planted a month ago. There will be some pictures and further mention in my next blog which could be out as early as tomorrow or Friday. I'm laid off during the Olympics so I have some time on my hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment